Stange Law Firm will once again host FREE Unmarried Father’s Seminars. The dates are Wed., May 16, 2012 at the Quality Inn in St. Charles and Thurs., May 17, 2012 at the Des Peres Lodge in Des Peres. Both nights begin at 7 p.m.
With out-of-wedlock birth rates near forty-percent in the United States, it is vital that unmarried fathers who want to be active participants in the lives of their children fully understand what they must do to protect their custody rights. Many unmarried fathers wrongly assume that they do not need to take any court action to have visitation rights to their children. This FREE event offers free information for unmarried fathers on this exact topic.
FREE REGISTRATION BELOW:
Click here to register for Wednesday, May 16, 2012, at 7 pm, in St. Charles at the Quality Inn (and to get a map).
Click here to register for Thursday, May 17, 2012, at 7 pm, in Des Peres at the Des Peres Lodge. (and to get a map).
Read Below for Additional Description on Seminar:
Attendees at the seminar will see a PowerPoint presentation on the following topics:
1. The importance of establishing a court order regarding custody.
2. What being on the certificate means and does not mean.
3. How child support is calculated.
4. The importance of obtaining a parenting plan.
5. What physical custody means.
6. What legal custody means.
7. What the putative father registry is.
8. Why paternity cases are not optional for unmarried fathers who want to be active particpant’s in the lives of their children.
9. How a paternity case is filed.
10. The effects of having your child support calculated by the Division of Child Support Enforcement.
Attendees will also learn about Missouri HB1258, 1259 and 1260. This is a radical adoption bill that has passed the Missouri House and is pending in the Missouri Senate. If this bill were to become law, unmarried fathers could be deemed to have abandoned their child “pre-birth” and could lose all rights. It is vital that all unmarried fathers and fathers-to-be learn about this legislation.
Don’t worry about eating beforehand. Free food and refreshments will be served at the seminar. The event will last approximately an hour.
You can call the St. Charles Office at 636-940-5900 or the St. Louis Office at 314-963-4700 for more information.